Sunday, October 3, 2010

christians.

Christians
 
ByMaya Angelou   
 
"A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a
man should have to seek Him first to find her."

When I say... "I am a Christian" I'm not shouting "I'm
clean livin'" I'm whispering "I was lost, Now I'm
found and forgiven." 
 
When I say... "I am a Christian" I don't speak of this
with pride. I'm confessing that I stumble
and need Christ to be my guide. 
 
When I say... "I am a Christian" I'm not trying to be
strong. I'm professing that I'm weak and need His
strength to
carry on. 
 
When I say... "I am a Christian" I'm not bragging of
success. I'm admitting I have failed and need God to
clean my mess. 
 
When I say... "I am a Christian" I'm not claiming to
be perfect, My flaws are far too
visible but, God believes I am worth it.
 
When I say... "I am a Christian" I still feel the
sting of pain.. I have my share of heartaches, so I
call upon
His name. 
 
When I say ... "I am a Christian" I'm not holier than
thou, I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good
grace, somehow! 
 
Pretty is as Pretty does...
but beautiful is just
plain beautiful!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment